Tantra & Buddhism: Attaining The Truth Underneath in Laos
Address: Luang Prabang, Laos
Dates: March 30 – April 6, 2019
Cost: $2,995.00 – Shared Double Room / $3,795.00 – Single Room
Many see Buddhism as a complete separate practice from Tantra, yet there are styles of Buddhism that are Tantric in their practice and beliefs. While different in approach and practice, underneath both philosophies, dwell essential truths: Our mind has the capacity to make us unhappy until we learn to see past the thoughts to an unchanging beauty that is always present.
Join Jeanne in this exploration of Luang Prabang, the Buddhist land of Laos with an extension to Cambodia’s sacred temples. This timeless town situated on the banks of the Mekong river has roots of royal history, saffron-robed monks, world-class cuisine and hidden caves. During our days here we will explore the UNESCO protected city center to appreciate its unspoiled Laotian-colonial fusion architecture and take in notable Buddhist temples. Rise to meet the early morning and hundreds of monks processing through the streets accepting offerings of food from the local residents and businesses. Take a dip in the beautiful waterfalls of Tat Khouangsi, known for their unbelievable turquoise waters. Spend an afternoon cruising up the mighty Mekong gazing upon the stunning scenery and taking a tour of the Pak Ou caves, filled with thousands of tiny Buddha statues. Downtime and yoga will be enjoyed at our charming hotel in the heart of the city, perfectly situated near the magnificent markets and Luang Prabang’s revered restaurants.
The week will honor Buddhist ceremonies and meditation practices as Jeanne teaches the Tantric similarities and contrasts. When we see differences from a perspective of understanding, we always leave wiser with an appreciation for others. This journey will leave you with an open heart and increased tools for your personal practice at home.
YCEP: Yoga students who attend all practice and visiting sessions, including the Cambodia extension, are eligible for 35 hours of Continuing Education through Yoga Alliance.
- Beautiful accommodations in premier hotels
- Boat trip on the mighty Mekong River & Visit to the Pak Ou caves
- Early morning monk devotions
- Visit to the Tat Khouangsi waterfalls & Free the Bears project
- Guided tour of Ock Pop Tock
- All of the more well-known highlights of this UNESCO World Heritage Site, as well as a few off-the-beaten-track treasures
- Meticulously planned itinerary to maximize crowd avoidance
- Expert Oxford scientist and scholarly guides
- Daily yoga & meditation with Jeanne
- 35 hours of Continuing Education through Yoga Alliance when participating in both trips
- 7 nights 4-star hotel accommodation
- private air-conditioned transport throughout
- private airport transfers
- all taxes and breakfasts
- expert local guide
- government tax and service charge
- luggage handling
- drinking water and refreshing towels for touring
- daily yoga with Jeanne
- international and regional airfare
- visa fees
- insurance of all kinds
- meals aside from those specifically included
- additional excursions not included in the itinerary
- tips, drinks, personal expenses
Book now and get $300.00 off listed prices. Offer valid until Feb 1, 2019.