Tantra Flow Yoga 300 Hour Teacher Training Part One
Dates: March 11 – 22, 2019
Location: Earth Yoga, Palma, Majorca, Spain
Address: 34 Carrier Despuig, Santa Catalina, 07013
For further questions, please reach out to Jeanne at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
According to the yogic perspective, a human body is broken into five layers, known in Sanskrit as Koshas. The body that we see and use in most yoga practices is called the Annamaya Kosha, the physical body, consisting of bones, muscles, nerves, organs, fluids, etc. etc. Basically anything that is tangible, which can be seen and touched, operates on this level. A good 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training teaches the yoga poses using this focus to keep the students safe as the new teacher develops his/her skill in seeing their students. A good yoga class focuses on the alignment and energetics from this level.
When you want more from your yoga practice and teaching – then it’s time for the 500 Hour Master Training.
In the Tantra Flow Yoga 500 Hour Master Training, the new and/or experienced teacher will now learn about the layers underneath the physical layer. One moves from yoga as exercise to yoga as means to access your highest potential, in all aspects of your life. When one practices and teaches using knowledge and tools from these deeper layers, the yoga practice becomes more advanced and powerful for the student, as well as the teacher. It is now when the practice truly becomes transformational.
This teacher training is broken into three parts, addressing the three inner Koshas. When one is able to practice with all of these pieces, then the last Kosha, which is connected to our soul, begins to become available.
Level One – Pranamaya Kosha
This 100-hour module introduces the student to the Pranic Body, sometimes referred to as the Energy Body. Students will learn:
- This layer focuses extensively on the sequencing, instructing and giving adjustments for Laterals, Backbends and Forward Folds. Students will be practicing these categories of poses using material that they learn in this level.
- The anatomy of respiration and how to improve our breathing for physical and mental health;
- A variety of Pranayama Techniques from the Himalayan Masters and how to teach them to a class;
- The Pranavayus and how they work in our body to help or hinder a pose;
- The definition of the Bandhas, how to use them and how to teach them;
- The Nadis, currents of energy that run throughout the body and affect our left and right brain and equilibrium;
- The Chakras, wheels of energy that dwell along our spine, which lead to ease or limitations in our daily life;
- How the energy of each Chakra affects different poses and information on helping students who are experiencing limitations;
- Practice teaching to improve a teacher’s skill in communication;
- Creating wise sequencing that keeps the student safe while also interested;
- Effective hands on adjustments;
- Constant valuable feedback from the instructor.
Who is Eligible for the Training:
- Yoga teachers who have completed a 200 Hour Teacher Training and are ready to learn more about the practice and teaching of yoga
- Yoga teachers who have completed a 500 Hour Training that has not focused significantly on the inner layers of the practice, or who just want to learn more
- Devoted yoga students who are not teachers but desire to learn more about their own practice
Training Requirements and Policies
CANCELLATION POLICY: All cancellations up to 30 days before the training start date are eligible for a full refund on paid fees less the non-refundable deposit. Any refunds between 7-29 days before the training are eligible for credit towards future Tantra Flow Yoga™ Trainings equal to the amount already paid less the non-refundable deposit. Any refunds within 7 days before the start of the program are eligible for receive 1/2 of the tuition credit towards another training with Tantra Flow Yoga™, less the deposit.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PROGRAM COMPLETION:
1) 100% Attendance at all TT weekends and other classes/events as required. If any part of the program is missed, Jeanne Heileman, at her discretion, will offer makeup opportunities. Additional costs will apply for makeup sessions.
2) Satisfactory completion of all written assignments.
3) Satisfactory demonstration of your ability to teach a safe and cohesive yoga class, including asana, pranayama, meditation and philosophy.
4) Passage of an in-class and take home exam.
PAYMENT POLICY: Full tuition/payment for the training must be paid in full before the start date of the program in order for the student to participate. Without full payment the student will be unable to attend the program and no refund will be issued if prior cancellation has not been made (see cancellation policy above).